Installing Guest Additions on Debian
Follow these steps to install the Guest Additions on your Debian virtual machine:
- Login as root;
- Update your APT database with apt-get update;
- Install the latest security updates with apt-get upgrade;
- Install required packages with apt-get install build-essential module-assistant;
- Configure your system for building kernel modules by running m-a prepare;
- Click on Install Guest Additions… from the Devices menu, then run mount /media/cdrom.
- Run sh /media/cdrom/VBoxLinuxAdditions.run, and follow the instructions on screen.
Before I begin, I would like to emphasize a phrase that every developer should know. “Premature optimization is the root all evil.” Optimization can only get you so far. Good programming practices and code structure are more important. With that, let’s get started.
Use for loops instead of Array.forEach, for.. in, jQuery.each etc.